BBQ Chicken with Peach and Feta Slaw
July 07, 2021
Ripe, juicy peaches, crunchy broccoli slaw, and tangy BBQ chicken blend perfectly to create this delicious dish that's low in carbs and high in protein – the ideal summertime spread your family will love!
A cup of peaches contains:
- More than 2 grams of fiber
- Almost 300 milligrams of potassium
- Up to 14 milligrams of magnesium
- More than 10 milligrams of vitamin C
- 502 IU (international unit) of vitamin A
- 4 micrograms of vitamin K
- Course: Dinner, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 4 people
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 6 minutes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 12-ounce package broccoli slaw
- 3 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Combine 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches and slaw to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce to bowl; toss.
- Divide slaw mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Sprinkle with chives, feta and bacon.
Recipe NoteInspired by MyRecipes
Healthy Potato Salad – A Creamy, Dreamy and Light Picnic FavoritePotato salad is a summer favorite – perfect for casual entertaining or just as an everyday side dish. Although it’s been around for centuries, the American version is rooted in German tradition with hints of vinegar and mustard. Although...Read More
Summer Side Dish MedleySweet corn and tomatoes, while delicious on their own, also enhance the flavor of crunchy cucumber and tender green beans. This plant-based salad recipe is a satisfying and cool side dish for the protein of your choice, such as chicken or...Read More