Mysterious Mummy Hot Dogs
October 11, 2022
This easy, kid-friendly recipe just might be the perfect pre-trick-or-treating meal that will vanish before your eyes! Serve with veggie sticks and mustard and ketchup for dipping. Several healthy hot dog options, such as vegan, turkey and chicken, are available in most grocery or health food stores.
- Course: Dinner, Kid-Friendly
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Servings 8
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- 8 hot dogs – use any type of hot dog your family enjoys
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent roll dough
- Yellow or brown mustard and ketchup for dipping
- Edible eyes
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Unroll the crescent roll dough so that it is a horizontal rectangle. If you bought the perforated dough, press on the perforations to seal them together.
- Cut the dough into 1/4 inch wide strips from top to bottom and ensure peices are long.
- Wrap the pieces of dough around each hot dog creating “bandages” by stretching the dough slightly and letting it overlap and criss-cross. Leave gaps, so it looks like a mummy peeking out from its bandages.
- Place each wrapped hot dog on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place a small dot of ketchup or mustard on the back of your candy eyes and add two to each mummy.
Coconut Flour Banana MuffinsWe are all guilty of saving our bananas as they quickly turn from ripe to overripe. "I am going to make banana bread," we tell ourselves. Well, this is your sign to take those bananas and turn them into something delicious and healthy! Not...Read More
Berrylicious ParfaitTreat yourself and your family to this tasty delight on those busy pre-holiday mornings. Super quick to make, this light berry parfait is naturally sweet, packed with protein and texture, and has less than 300 calories!Read More