This position provides analysis, installation, maintenance and modification of the operating systems and software products required to support the Radiology, Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy systems and provide systems support to users of those areas as well as Information Resources. This position is accountable for installation, customization, maintenance and integrity of the systems and databases related to the operations of these departments.
This position is accountable for oversight of the technical accuracy and completeness of other components including operating systems and the vendor provided computer software programs used to support the operational environment. The major challenges of this position are to identify and resolve problems to ensure the efficient function and uninterrupted operation of the computer systems; maintain a wide variety of installed software; plan for short and long range software and hardware requirements and implement new software and hardware. This position requires organizational skills to manage multiple unrelated work projects including the implementation of new systems, data migrations, when necessary, and meeting deadlines while maintaining efficiency and stability of the operational production systems.
This position will be primary support for the systems related to the Radiology, Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy departments. This includes coordination of vendor support for various modalities. This position has the authority under general supervision to determine and modify operational parameters to ensure efficient performance of the programs and systems, determine and request available computer resources and recommend deadlines relative to maintaining the systems performance and stability. Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor include software or hardware acquisitions, personnel management, policy deviations, financial matters and changes that could adversely impact system performance or integrity. This position is part of a support team that supports a 24X7 production environment. Off-hours support, on-call support and weekend work may be required.
In addition, individuals in this position must work closely with both auditors and information protection to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed. This includes participation in annual system/department audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Working knowledge of various Radiology, Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy systems; i.e., PACS, DICOM,HL7, Voice Recognition and ECG/ECHO systems, etc. as well as related modalities
2. Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows Server/Desktop OS, TCP/IP, network topologies and performance monitoring tools.
3. Organization skills and knowledge of project management tools to assist with the initiation coordination and control activities related to the installation, implementation and maintenance of integrated software products and processes.
4. The ability to apply analytical skills and logical reasoning to resolve problems without causing prolonged or continuous loss of computer production or performance.
5. The ability to read and interpret computer documentation, run instructions, hardware operating manuals and user documentation.
6. The ability to work as part of a team or work independently depending on the job situation and the flexibility to adjust to changing job priorities.
7. Ability to provide training and instruction to peers and users of supported computer programs and processes.
This position does not provide patient care.