The incumbent will be required to assist nursing staff in a timely and consistent manner. These duties include, but not limited to:
• Unit Clerk responsibilities.
• Stocking of unit supplies.
• Mobility of patients
• Hourly patient rounding
• Responding to call lights
• Ensuring patients have appropriate belongings, etc. and are ready for discharge.
• Transporting of supplies, etc.
• Transporting discharged patients.
• Extenders for care givers within scope.
• Act as a patient safety assistant.
• Assistance with feeding patients in compliance with the patient’s dietary orders.
• Assistance with activities of daily living (brushing teeth, getting dressed, toileting, etc.).
The incumbent must possess ability to communicate with patients and families in a caring and professional manner.
The incumbent must possess a polite, positive attitude while dealing with customers of all ages, social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to work with Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric patient’s needs specific to the population being served, and meets standards of quality as measured by the Department age specific competency standard.
The incumbent must be able to function interdependently in a high-intensity atmosphere. The incumbent must demonstrate the desire to promote a healing and caring environment.
This position does provide patient care.