Under the direction of the leadership, and in collaboration with referring physicians and the interdisciplinary team(s), the incumbent assists with:
• Patient care, such as procedures, blood draws, education, and support.
• Referrals to multidisciplinary cancer conferences as appropriate or placing referrals as appropriate and clearly documenting within the EMR in compliance with regulatory guidelines and/or accrediting bodies
• Center of Excellence committee meetings.
• Facilitate subsequent specialty consultation facilitation (genetic, surgery, medical oncology) and coordinates care as needed for patients utilizing resources efficiently and effectively.
• Development and performance of specialty service educational activities, program evaluation, program marketing and outcomes research.
• Assists with Renown and community screening and prevention activities.
• Compiling and reporting appropriate data analytics/quality metrics including actionable items from test results
Partners with internal and external customers, such as referring physicians, Genetic counselors, vendors, etc.
• Assist with documentation for Accreditation
• Participate in Breast Program Leadership, Lung Center of Excellence, & Tumor Conferences as appropriate.
Most important, this position improves the care experience of patients that are high risk for cancer and their families. Other duties as requested are required.
The incumbent must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety needs appropriate to the adult and geriatric patient population served and meets standards of quality as measured by the department age specific competency standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Models behavior consistent with the Renown Health Standards of Conduct.
2. Effective written and verbal communication skills, including word processing and spreadsheet computer skills.
3. Demonstrates superior organizational skills and ability to demonstrate unflagging attention to details.
4. Highly flexible and demonstrates ability to appropriately prioritize work.
5. Maturity, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary team and relate effectively with patients and families from a variety of backgrounds with varied emotional and medical needs. Effective negotiator with excellent diplomatic skills.
6. Strong customer service ethic.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, motor/sensory,
8. Psychosocial and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served.