The major challenges to this position are to provide optimum indoor air quality to maximize energy conservation, minimize equipment interruption or down time and minimize the impact on patients and staff when working on equipment in their areas.
This position has the authority to determine, within department policies, procedures and guidelines, what is in need of repair or replacement while troubleshooting faulty equipment; the safety status of equipment or systems; to shut down equipment for maintenance after coordinating with affected department(s); and the operational capabilities of equipment. All other decisions must be referred to the Director, Manager or Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Can actively support Renown Health's Standards of Conduct
2. Knowledge of steam and water hydraulics, basic electrical and pneumatic controls, basic refrigeration and ability to weld.
3. Ability to read and troubleshoot from blueprints or diagrams.
4. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
5. Knowledge of safety requirements and procedures.
6. Ability to read, write and speak English.
7. Thorough knowledge of Direct Digital Control systems.
8. Complete knowledge of HVAC systems with the ability to trouble shoot, repair, operate and maintain the entire system which includes pneumatics, electrical controls, 480V electrical power and mechanical duct and valves.
9. Complete knowledge of DX, heating hot water, steam and chilled water systems, and ability to repair, maintain and operate the same.
10. Complete knowledge of VAV and constant volume multi zone and single zone systems.
11. Knowledge of national electrical code, SMACNA duct standards, ASHRAE standards and OSHA/EPA regulations.
12. Thorough knowledge in the operation of Building Automation Systems.
This position doesn't provide direct patient care.