This position provides supply expertise to Materials Management, which has interaction with all in- house patient stations, outpatient services, several off-site services, and operating room.
The incumbent is responsible for:
• Monitoring proper levels of supplies needed in nursing areas.
• Providing special equipment on demand for patient comfort.
• Reconciliation of all charges from Central Supply to all user stations.
• Maintaining accurate quality assurance retrieval programs.
• Determines adequate levels of reserve supplies for routine use and emergency situations.
• Accurate picking, labeling, shelving and rotation/ monthly expired reviews of all patient supplies on nursing carts and in Central Supply.
• Assembly of O.R. case carts.
This position has the authority to:
• Relocate equipment to increase work efficiency.
• Secure rental equipment from vendors.
• Make recommendations for changes on O.R. pick lists.
Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor are:
• Deviations from normal patient charging policy.
• Any deviations from established departmental policies.
The major challenges to this position are maintaining control of patient equipment, ordering supplies, and proper patient charges for the department, assembly if case carts.
Other related duties, flexible hours, and overtime may be required.
This position does not provide patient care.