This position is responsible for the safe application and maintenance of orthopedic and DME equipment supplied through the department . Patient training and education about orthopedic devices and equipment will also be required of the incumbent.
The incumbent must possess ability to improvise and make maximum use of the facility and equipment with a minimum of direction. Incumbent must maintain all equipment in a clean and orderly fashion. Incumbent will be required to log procedures and charges into the hospital mainframe computer. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure cost effective use and tracking of all traction equipment. Incumbent will maintain appropriate par levels of traction equipment through continuous tracking and reordering supplies when necessary.
The incumbent is responsible to operate phones and medical equipment in accordance with State, City, FCC, JCAHO and Renown Health regulations. Unusual circumstances, complicated situations, and out of the ordinary decisions will be referred to the supervisor.
The incumbent must demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensor, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to the Infant, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric patient served and meets standards of quality as measured by the unit/department age specific competency standards.
Incumbent must be able to function autonomously and make appropriate decisions pertaining to quality patient care. Incumbent must demonstrate the desire to promote a caring environment.
The incumbent is responsible for the discreet transportation of deceased individuals and is responsible for the reporting of equipment that is not working correctly and any barriers that prevent timely and discreet transportation .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Excellent communication and Patient rapport.
2. Dependable and reliable with regard to work performance and attendance.
3. Ability to provide follow-up care of traction Patients, Patient education and post-operative assistance with Patient ambulation.
4 Ability to take direction from nursing and professional staff.
5. Willingness to support Renown Health Standards of Conduct.
6. Ability to apply, monitor, manage, manipulate all Renown Health traction devices.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served.
8. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, and function professionally in a high intensity work environment.
This position does provide patient care.