The incumbent uses professionalism and diplomacy when interacting with patients of all ages, their families, physicians, physician office staff and other health care providers in the accurate collecting of demographic, clinical and financial information in person or via telephone interviews.
The incumbent is responsible for scheduling, order entry and reception functions and assists in completion of departmental tasks. The incumbent is responsible to assist the manager in daily duties which include but are not limited to coordinating PAR work schedules, maximizing provider productivity, tracking daily revenue, processing daily batch/deposits, resolving billing inquiries, ordering supplies, performing inventory audits, facilitating direct mail projects, coordinating weekly events and participating in external marketing events (health fairs, expos, medical groups, etc) when needed.
The incumbent is familiar with medical concepts, practices and procedures as well as aesthetic concepts, practices, services, treatments and procedures. Using this knowledge, the incumbent facilitates business development and marketing as directed by supervisor or manager and performs retail sales in a consultative environment.
Takes an active role in decreasing accounts receivables by following established guidelines, regulations, policies and procedures during the registration process in accurately:
*Obtaining and accurately entering demographic, clinical, financial information into the computer system.
*Explaining and obtaining signatures on admission, clinical and financial forms
*Collecting accident information
*Identifying all insurance payer sources
*Identifying payer order sequences
*Verifying insurance eligibility
*Obtaining insurance notification
*Charge order entry processing
*Determining estimated cost for services being rendered
*Identifying and collecting patient financial obligation amounts, i.e. co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles, etc.
*Documenting all information collected timely and in accordance with department requirements.
Explores the financial need of the patient and when appropriate refers the customer to the appropriate federal, state or county assistance agencies.
This position has the authority to solve problems following established company guidelines. Decisions that must be referred to a manager are matters involving non-routine problems that may develop negatively towards Renown Health. This position has the authority to deal with immediate client/patient issues when appropriate. All incidents must be reported to the manager for final resolution.
Other Skills and Responsibilities Include:
1. Adopts a philosophy consistent with the Renown Health Standard of Conducts and models these standards.
2. Ability to be diplomatic and effectively communicate during stressful situations.
3. Skills to anticipate customer needs, deal with the unexpected, establish priorities, investigate and adjust performance style when necessary. This includes the ability to deal with the sight of various injuries, procedures and the stress associated with such an environment.
4. Working knowledge of health care insurance. The ability to accurately document subscriber information, determine payer order sequence and obtain notification as required by payer for services being rendered.
5. Must be able to ensure all matters related to patient information are kept secured, meeting confidentiality compliance standards set by JCAHO and HIPPAA.
6. Knowledge of governmental programs billing requirements.
7. Ability to identify the patient’s financial obligation i.e. deductible, co-payment, co-insurance, etc and follow standard operating procedures regarding point of service collections.
8. Skills to perform order entry.
9. Above average computer application skills.
10. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
11. Scheduling skills adaptable to a fast pace environment with heavy physician/physician office staff interaction.
12. Ability to be flexible, adapt and respond positively to changing circumstances.
13. Promote positive environment for all clients, patients and staff members.
14. Ability to multi task with constant interruption.
15. Strong telephone skills displaying the ability to listen, respond, and facilitate.
This position may qualify for additional compensation package.
This position does not provide patient care.