OverviewFAX Number: 775-982-4803
3-D mammography at Greenberg Breast Health Center at Renown – 2nd St. provides images which allow doctors to see more abnormalities in the breast and therefore them spot more cancers and avoid false positives especially in women with dense breast tissue. The digital images can also be lightened, darkened and enlarged in real-time, giving doctors a better look at suspicious areas.
A whole breast ultrasound uses sound waves to detect cancerous tumors in the breast without any radiation – just like pregnant women get to check up on their baby. The exam only takes about 20 minutes.
We recommend a whole breast ultrasound for patients whose mammograms have shown that they have dense breast tissue. If your mammogram shows you have dense breasts (less fatty, more connective tissue) you may want to consider a whole breast ultrasound in addition to your mammogram. Check with your insurance company to find out if whole breast ultrasounds are covered.
Note: This location is operated by Renown Regional Medical Center.
- 3D mammography
- Automated whole breast ultrasound
- Bone density scanning (DEXA)
Insurance Types Accepted
- Northern Nevada Health Network (terminated June 1, 2021)
- U.A. Local 350 Health, Welfare & Vacation Trust Fund (Plumbers/Pipefitters)
- Anthem - Medicaid HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Anthem Pathway
- Nevada Health Care Inc.
- Senior Care Plus
- Custom Ink Group Health Plan
- Electrical Workers Health & Welfare Plan for Northern Nevada
- Northern Nevada Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- TRICARE - Health Net Federal Services
- Northern Nevada Laborers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- Health Plan of Nevada - Medicaid HMO
- Hometown Health
- United HealthCare*
- SilverSummit Healthplan - Medicaid HMO
View the list of Accepted Insurance Plans here.
Renown Health accepts most insurances. Please note that many insurance networks operate under various names and agreements. Before scheduling your appointment or procedure, the best way to verify your insurance benefits with our providers is to call your insurance company and ask if they will cover the services you require and your patient responsibility fee obligation.