Walk into Renown Regional Medical Center and you might momentarily forget that you've stepped inside a hospital. You’ll find patient rooms with picturesque mountain vistas, beautiful healing gardens and more than 1,000 original works of art throughout the campus.
You’ll also find the most advanced care in the region. Renown Regional Medical Center's specialists treat complex tumors in just minutes. They stop heart attacks before they do serious damage. And they perform life-saving surgeries with patients back on their feet in no time.
Trauma Center, 2 ERs
Renown Regional Medical Center is the only trauma center between Sacramento and Salt Lake City, treating over 80,000 ER and trauma patients a year.
We are also home to the region’s only children’s hospital, a leading robotic surgery institute, groundbreaking brain and nerve care, and comprehensive heart and cancer services.
At the Renown Regional Medical Center, you reap the benefits of a full range of leading-edge services and procedures performed by expert medical professionals. Our facilities and technologies are state-of-the-art. Here’s a quick rundown of procedures and technologies – put to use to improve the health and well-being in our community.
- We instituted the first and only accredited heart failure center in northern Nevada
- We founded northern Nevada's first and only Institute for Neurosciences
- We brought the first low-dose CT imaging to the region
- We brought the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System to northern Nevada
- We implemented the first dedicated PET/CT scanner, Biplane Angiography and the newest 3T MRI technologies to the region
Comfort and Convenience for Patients and Their Families
Whether you come see us for same-day procedures or require an overnight stay, we’re here to make your experience as smooth and seamless as possible. We have an on-site hotel for family members who want to stay overnight, retail shops for passing the time and multiple food choices when you get hungry.
Specialties & Services
- Acute Rehabilitation Hospital
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Heart Care
- Hospice Palliative Care
- Medication Management
- Neuro ICU
- Spine Sports and Pain Management
- Surgical Services
- University Health
Insurance Types Accepted
- Northern Nevada Health Network (terminated June 1, 2021)
- U.A. Local 350 Health, Welfare & Vacation Trust Fund (Plumbers/Pipefitters)
- TriWest - Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- Anthem - Medicaid HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Anthem Pathway
- Nevada Health Care Inc.
- Senior Care Plus
- Custom Ink Group Health Plan
- Electrical Workers Health & Welfare Plan for Northern Nevada
- Northern Nevada Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- TRICARE - Health Net Federal Services
- Northern Nevada Laborers Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- Health Plan of Nevada - Medicaid HMO
- Hometown Health
- United HealthCare*
- SilverSummit Healthplan - Medicaid HMO
Renown Health accepts most insurances. Please note that many insurance networks operate under various names and agreements. Before scheduling your appointment or procedure, the best way to verify your insurance benefits with our providers is to call your insurance company and ask if they will cover the services you require and your patient responsibility fee obligation.