11 Easy Ways to Prep Your Skin for Spring
April 04, 2022
As we begin to enjoy the springtime weather in northern Nevada, are you finding your skin less than tip-top shape? Here’s how to add moisture back in easy, natural ways.
You don’t need to be a medical aesthetician: Dry, cold climates can often wreak havoc on your body’s largest organ — your skin. These tips from Renown Dermatology, Laser & Skin Care will quickly put moisture back and relieve dry, chapped skin.
11 Miraculous Moisturizing Tips
- Always wear broad-spectrum sunscreen, even during winter months.
- Don’t forget to use an SPF lip balm, too.
- Heaters dry out your skin. Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air. (And try these simple tips to make sure you’re keeping that humidifier clean.)
- If your skin is dehydrated, try using a nighttime moisturizer during the day.
- Use a hydrating mask or moisturizing mask twice a week.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet. Apply a rich cream to the hands and feet at night and cover them with gloves and socks to restore moisture while you sleep.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Try adding a hydrating serum to your morning and nighttime skincare routine to heal the skin.
- Use a gentle exfoliant to remove dry skin at least once a week, which helps your skin absorb your moisturizer.
- Apply body oil or lotion in the shower while your skin is still damp to trap moisture.
- Hot water dries out your skin, so turn down the temperature in the shower and bath.
A little pampering goes a long way, and Renown’s medical aestheticians are here to help. Trained in skincare and advanced therapies, our experts can transition your skin to look healthy, youthful and rejuvenated.
5 Easy Winter Skincare TipsWinter skin alert – cold temperatures can put your skin into chaos. We asked for skin tips from Heidi Nicol, an esthetician with Renown Dermatology, Laser & Skin Care. She shares how to keep your skin glowing through the frosty months...Read More
7 Morning Skin Care Tips for All-Day ProtectionWe talked to Heidi Nicol, licensed aesthetician with Renown Dermatology, Laser and Skin Care , to learn about the 7 best morning skincare tips that will provide all-day protection. “Your skin uses the nighttime hours to repair itself,...Read More