Cranberry-Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
November 11, 2022
The red and green tones of this flavorful Cranberry-Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip are perfect for the holidays and super simple to make. So, tantalize your guest's tastebuds with this sweet, spicy, tart, and creamy appetizer!
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 8
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Passive Time 5 hours
Use only fresh ingredients – not dried or frozen!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 4-5 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 3/4 cup sugar more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from about 1 large lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-oz Philadelphia plain whipped cream cheese light or regular, softened
- Crackers for serving
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped (alternately, you can do this task by hand). Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a covered bowl or tupperware and refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to overnight) so the flavors have time to develop and the cranberries lose a bit of their tartness.
- When ready to serve, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate or 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry-jalapeno mixture, spreading evenly over the top of the cream cheese.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Berrylicious ParfaitTreat yourself and your family to this tasty delight on those busy pre-holiday mornings. Super quick to make, this light berry parfait is naturally sweet, packed with protein and texture, and has less than 300 calories!Read More
Slow Cooker Chicken Potato SoupA warm, comforting bowl of soup is always perfect for a winter meal. The creamy potatoes, tender chicken and vegetables in this recipe will make this a unique favorite. Even better – you can prep this gluten-free recipe in your slow cooker...Read More