Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread
October 18, 2021
Who knew that pumpkin bread can be nutritious and delicious? Caitlin Bus, Registered Dietitian with the Renown Healthy Heart Program shares her expertise on how to make a healthy and hearty pumpkin bread with homemade oat flour and natural substitutes for sugar. Give it a try!
Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Course: Guilt-Free
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 1 slice (1 loaf yields 12 slices)
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 40-45 mins
2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats (makes 2 cups oat flour)
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 1/2 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
6 dates, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Using a food processor or blender, grind the old fashioned rolled oats into fine flour. If you are using store bought oat flour, use 2 cups. Set aside in a large bowl
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, avocado oil, applesauce, almond milk, honey/maple syrup, eggs, and dates if using them.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder to the oat flour. Mix to combine evenly.
- Next add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until totally combined.
- Spray with cooking spray a line bread loaf dish 9x5. Pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle rolled oats on top, about 2 tablespoons.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before wrapping for storage.
Notes: If you would like to keep this recipe egg free/vegan you can replace the eggs with "flax eggs" by mixing 2 tbsp ground flax meal with 6 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to your recipe.
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice BreadPumpkin spice is a wonderful reminder of all things fall and cozy. This tasty pumpkin bread recipe is a favorite of both adults and kids. It incorporates fragrant fall spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and clove into a moist and surprisingly...Read More
What is Care Coordination for Senior Care Plus Members?Cost-saving isn’t the only reason to enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan. One of the main reasons Medicare beneficiaries in Nevada join a Senior Care Plus Medicare Advantage Plan is for the care coordination services. The Senior Care Plus...Read More